Updated March 2nd, 2022
We are currently in Phase 3 of restoring in-person worship, fellowship and ministry.
Here's what Phase 3 means...
Phase 3 is essentially the "New Normal" at Saint John's with just a few exceptions.
1. One service every Sunday at 9:00 AM designed for in-person congregational worship that returns most of the traditional elements of worship that we grew to love and expect from worship at Saint John's: liturgy, four bible readings, traditional sermon, children's sermon, etc.
2. The exceptions:
- Masks are not required, but welcomed, while inside the church building.
- Pods will continue to be utilized for the purpose of giving families or groups the option to socially distance from others if they wish to do so.
- The offering will remain primarily online or a drop off in plates on your way in, or your way out of the sanctuary. No passing of the plates.
- Holy Communion will still make use of the pre-packaged kits, and we will still commune from our seats in the pews.
3. The 9:00 am service will continue to be livestreamed on Facebook, and the video uploaded to our website soon after.
4. Sunday School and Catechism will begin at 10:15 am, and end at 11:00 am. Additional faith formation options and small groups are also available.
and our church…
This church encourages vaccinations. There is nothing in our Lutheran tradition and piety that supports the refusal of any form of medicine or treatment on the basis of a conviction of faith. We believe the same God who created our bodies to heal and gifted us with an immune system also provides the creativity and wonder behind achievements in science or medicine. We believe God is active, bringing about the healing of the world, through our immune systems AND the achievements of vaccines. And we believe this is the very same God who gives us the faith to trust him at work in both.
To find a vaccination: click HERE, or ask the pastor to help you.